Last month, I wrote about what Democrats stand for politically. This month, I’d like to focus on something else that defines us: community involvement.
Kennett Area Democrats are much more than a group of people who knock on your door each year and ask you to vote for our candidates. We are involved with our communities year round and we are committed to service.
Here’s our 2018 schedule of sponsorships:
* The MLK CommUNITY Breakfast (January)
* 4 buses to Philadelphia for the Women’s March (January)
* Kennett Area Community Services ‘Empty Bowls’ event (February)
* 3 buses to Washington, D.C. for ‘March For Our Lives’ (March)
* Family Promise ‘Night of Promise’ (April)
* Casa Guanajuato Cinco de Mayo Festival (May)
* 3 ‘Be The Change’ $1,000 student awards to graduating seniors (June)
* Mushroom Festival (September)
And a list of our members’ service activities would fill a book!
This is who we are: Democrats who give our time and money and expertise and passion and commitment to enrich our communities and make life better for ALL our neighbors.
You bet we’re PROUD DEMOCRATS!
Wayne Braffman, Chair
Kennett Area Democrats
(p.s.: Please feel free to email me with recommendations for organizations KAD might support in the future.)