I’ve been hearing this a lot lately:
‘Democrats can’t just be against Trump. They need to stand FOR something.’
I couldn’t disagree more.
If all we do in November is take back the Senate to prevent another Neil Gorsuch from being appointed to the Supreme Court… it will have been enough.
If all we do is defeat Ryan Costello and take back the House of Representatives so we halt the Trump/Pence/Ryan legislative agenda and restore real government oversight and investigation of this corrupt administration… it will have been enough.
If all we do is re-elect Governor Wolf who will veto the most restrictive abortion law in the nation… it will have been enough.
If all we do is defeat Eric Roe and Steve Barrar so that the PA House can not override Governor Wolf’s vetoes… it will have been enough.
On the other hand–just in case you haven’t noticed–Democrats stand FOR a lot of things:
- We stand for enacting gun safety regulations that include a ban on assault weapons.
- We stand for fair, independent, nonpartisan redistricting.
- We stand for honest budgets that tax Marcellus shale.
- We stand for full and fair funding of all public schools.
- We stand for a woman’s right to make her own health decisions without government interference.
- We stand for raising the minimum wage to a living wage.
- We stand for protecting our environment.
- We stand for equal-pay for equal work.
- We stand for securing every citizen’s right to vote.
- We stand for protecting the civil rights and freedoms of all our neighbors.
Shall I continue?
Democrats stand for protecting America against the Putin puppet President.
Democrats stand for the life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Democrats stand for liberty and justice for all.
Wayne Braffman, Chair
Kennett Area Democrats