We understand the temptation to try to counter Trump’s election-stealing strategy, but we urge you to resist. Here’s why:
(1) Voting by mail or drop box is safe. Just follow the directions and mail your ballot by October 20th to be sure.
(2) Processing your request will add to lines and delays at your polling place on Election Day.
(3) It leaves your vote exposed to random events that could prevent you from voting on Election Day in spite of your best plans and intentions.
4) Trump will challenge the validity of your vote no matter how you vote, so why take chances?
However, if it is your decision to vote in-person after having requested a mail-in ballot, here’s what you need to do:
1) Bring your ballot along with both mailing envelopes to your polling place.
2) Surrender all 3 items to your Judge of Elections.
3) Your mail-in ballot will be voided and you will be issued a regular ballot for in-person voting.
4) You can then mark your ballot and vote.
But again, the Golden Rule of all elections is to secure your vote early. Don’t take chances. Please use USPS or an official drop box, or bring you ballot to Voter Services at 601 Westtown Road in West Chester.